LG's smartphone lineup for 2019 has been pretty lukewarm so far. However, new evidence suggests the V60 ThinQ may not be the only flagship Android smartphone that the South Korean manufacturer will introduce at IFA this year.
Previous leaks reveal that the LG G8X will be sporting a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ display with minimum bezels on either side of the screen.
Smartphones from the stables of U.S. tech giant Apple and China's Huawei are also expected to hit shelves in the coming months.
Shared by Pricebaba and OnLeaks (a reputable leaker), the renders show a phone with a tiny "teardrop" notch, which is substantially smaller than the full-size notch on the LG G8 - the phone the G8X thought to be a successor to, or an upgraded version of. Since the waterdrop cutout has room only for the selfie camera, the G8X ThinQ will not have the same 3D facial recognition system found on the G8 ThinQ. LG's branding will be present on the back of the phone as well, while the back will be curved. The back of the phone will retain a dual-camera setup aligned horizontally and will be accompanied by a flash and other sensors.
Near the end of the clip, the two screens folded to show the outer contours of a smartphone and a date and time is displayed.
The second major difference is the presence of an earpiece, which suggests LG has ditched its hole-less Crystal Sound tech from the LG G8, which used vibrations to produce sound through the screen. The technology vibrates the OLED screen to make it function as a speaker. The rest of the phone's specifications, however, are yet to surface. It might get powered either by the Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 or the Snapdragon 855+ SoC.
- Donatella Versace Apologizes & Model Quits Over Chinese T-Shirt Controversy
- 'US seeks lasting, honourable peace deal in Afghanistan'
- Mike Posner Recovering In Hospital After Rattlesnake Bite
- Lekima Leaves 47 Dead, 21 Missing in China
- Cause of Jeffrey Epstein's death awaits 'further information' after autopsy
- BTS Announces Official Period Of Rest For Members
- Asteroid Came Closer to the Earth than the Moon!!
- Bryson DeChambeau's slow play is not going over well with anybody
- Fans fume as VAR causes more controversy across the Premier League
- Ninja Left "Disgusted" After Twitch Accidentally Promotes Porn On His Old Channel