Pollard led South Africa's response with a ninth minute penalty goal and soon South Africa set up a maul following which Bongi Mbonambi crossed over in the 13th minute.
Flyhalf Pollard scored two of his side's five tries and kicked five penalties and three conversions for a personal haul of 31 points, his best in an global.
South Africa will be out to buck that trend and Vermeulen believes the Springboks need to show greater consistency to do so in a competition they begin against the All Blacks on September 21.
The Pumas, whose last test win was against the Springboks in Mendoza in the 2018 championship, have now lost their last eight test matches although close results against New Zealand and Australia had given them hopes of a winning chance in Salta.
"This Test is a good opportunity for Bongi and Trevor to start next to "Beast" [Mtawarira], who has a wealth of experience from playing more than 100 Tests for the Springboks".
"It's a nice thing for the team and also a good thing for us going into a World Cup".
Pollard stretched the lead with a fifth penalty before Argentina enjoyed their longest spell of possession and control without managing to breach the Springbok line as a deserved second try went begging.
"We all know about the massively hard forward threat of Argentina", he said of opponents who have recalled fit-again hooker Agustin Creevy for the Test.
"We play the best teams in the southern hemisphere so it's good to have this step up".
This weekend's final Rugby Championship Test against Argentina in Salta provides the Springboks the flawless opportunity to secure a rare win at the competition in a World Cup year, believes centre Lukhanyo Am.
Meanwhile, Fit-again hooker Agustin Creevy returns to the Argentina team for a Rugby Championship final round match against South Africa in Salta Saturday.
- Ninja has a million subscribers on Mixer
- Libya government says it accepts UN-proposed truce in Tripoli
- Augmented Reality Gaming Market Rising Trends and Global Outlook 2019 to 202
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue: 7 Revelations From Her Interview
- Curtis Ray Watson has been arrested in Henning
- Epstein autopsy performed, but results pending
- Alabama first-team LB suffers potential knee injury
- IDF Says Engaged in Shoot-Out With Armed Palestinian on Israeli-Gaza Border
- Florida Man Drives Golf Cart into Walmart, Hits Several Shoppers
- Modern Warfare has the most DLC of any Call of Duty game