It's time for a new queen to take the throne. sort of.
Netflix announced Monday that the period drama will return on Sunday, Nov. 17, almost two years after Season 2 dropped in December 2017. The streaming service released a teaser showing Colman's transformation into a royal monarch, which you can check out below!
Other actors taking over existing roles in the new season include Ben Daniels as Margaret's husband, Anthony Armstrong-Jones (taking over for Matthew Goode), Marion Bailey as the Queen Mother (replacing Victoria Hamilton), and Josh O'Connor as the grown-up version of Prince Charles (previously played by Julian Baring). Gillian Anderson will play Margaret Thatcher with Emerald Fennell portraying Camilla Parker Bowles.
Netflix's royal drama The Crown is moving forward in history again, with Oscar-winner Olivia Colman taking on the mantle of Queen Elizabeth II after being portrayed by Oscar-nominee Claire Foy. It is likely to take in the birth of Prince Edward, Prince Charles' university life and later coronation as the Prince of Wales, the death of Winston Churchill, Princess Margaret's affair with British baronet and landscape gardener Roddy Llewellyn, and the Apollo 11 moon landing of 1969.
Season 3 of The Crown starts in 1964 and will cover events such as the rise of the Beatles and England winning the soccer World Cup in 1966.
Seasons 1 and 2 of "The Crown" are available to stream now on Netflix.
- Hong Kong Police Fire Tear Gas Amid Continuing Pro-Democracy Rallies
- Shweta Tiwari husband Abhinav Kohli arrested for domestic violence
- Bryson DeChambeau's slow play is not going over well with anybody
- Nadal, Federer join Djokovic on player council
- 'US seeks lasting, honourable peace deal in Afghanistan'
- Ninja Left "Disgusted" After Twitch Accidentally Promotes Porn On His Old Channel
- Lekima Leaves 47 Dead, 21 Missing in China
- Fans fume as VAR causes more controversy across the Premier League
- Norwegian police say mosque shooting is a terror attempt
- Perseids meteor shower to peak Monday night with stunning FIREBALL displays