It is now expected in the market that RIL will announce a new Jio Phone 3 model with more features at an attractive price.
Last year, Jio commenced the registrations for GigaFiber and the company stated that the rollout would be prioritise based on the response received from the location.
Markets are keenly awaiting for details of both-service of Jio GigaFiber and Jio Phone 3-at the AGM today.
The pricing for the broadband plans is expected to be in line with peers but RIL will sweeten the deal by making it a triple play - a combination of broadband-landline-TV OTT service.
"It is also amongst the largest foreign investments ever in India". "We are calling this the JioGigaFibre".
According to Merrill Lynch, from USA brokerage firm Bank of America, Reliance Jio GigaFiber could launch with at least three data plans, starting at Rs 500 per month.
At the Reliance AGM, Ambani also revealed that Jio Fiber plans will come bundled with subscriptions to most leading premium OTT applications, possibly referring to Hotstar Premium and Netflix. Users get up to 100GB of data with this plan. Users will reportedly get data speeds of up to 100Mbps with this plan. Meant to be a "platinum grade service", the Jio Postpaid Plus will offer priority SIM set-up service at home, family plans with data sharing, worldwide roaming, and phone upgrades at preferential rates.
Ambani at the Reliance AGM also announced Jio Digital Platform and Solutions, including a partnership with Microsoft.
"Wireline network connectivity in India continues to remain underserved".
Plan 2: Basic connection + GigaTV: The second plan could offer additional access to GigaTV service through a set-top box apart from the broadband service.
"Jio has made India data-shining bright". Here is what Reliance Jio had to say about it.
The Jio GigaFiber is already available in some of the tier-1 cities for free of cost.
Ambani also said that RIL is now ready to fire four new growth engines including Internet of Things (IoT) for the entire country, home and enterprise broadband services as well as broadband for SMEs.
- Remains of Vietnam War Pilot finally home
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue: 7 Revelations From Her Interview
- Chase Lets Out Its Inner Canadian
- Suspected shooter in Texas massacre said he was targeting 'Mexicans'
- Florida Man Drives Golf Cart into Walmart, Hits Several Shoppers
- Alabama first-team LB suffers potential knee injury
- Pollard stars as South Africa win Rugby Championship
- Universal cancels controversial ‘Hunt’ in wake of shootings
- FedEx and Amazon break up small package ground deliveries contract
- Team USA Basketball Announces 17 Finalists For World Cup Roster