"It is the first game at Old Trafford so I think there were nerves".
But while Solskjaer has given himself a crucial springboard ahead of the trip to Wolves on August 19, Lampard will find that nobody wants to be on the flip side. There can be no hiding place for Lampard.
Solskjær said: "We've signed three fantastic boys, three fantastic personalities and we are delighted with them. It is a reality check for us all", he said. That was the big plus coming into half-time because we were a bit lucky. "But if you look at the game, it is not a 4-0 game", added the former Chelsea and England midfielder.
Lampard bristled at those questioning his starting XI, insisting he was limited because of injuries to first-team personnel such as Antonio Rudiger and Willian, while a knee issue relegated N'Golo Kante to a cameo appearance.
Christian Pulisic didn't have the Premier League debut he imagined on Sunday. His second visit as a manager was a bruising experience because he faced a home side that played with pace, energy and hunger.
United were slightly fortunate to be in front at the break after Tammy Abraham and Emerson rattled the woodwork for Chelsea. "The fitter you are, the more you can do". "It's as simple as that".
"But we can't. I'm not going to complain too much about that - I want to work".
"We're still a work in progress, we still know we're not anywhere near the finished article and we have got loads of improvements to be made".
He said: "The second half was outstanding".
In his first outing at The Theatre of Dreams in a United shirt the most expensive defender in world football put on a solid display, keeping Frank Lampard's attacking Chelsea at bay.
The beauty of momentum is that, when it is in your favour, good things happen; confidence flows and players perform as their talent suggests they should.
Pogba played like he wanted to be at United, but only in the second half.
Manchester United winger Daniel James paid an emotional tribute to his late father by pointing to the skies immediately after scoring a goal against Chelsea during the Premier League game on Sunday.
- Curtis Ray Watson has been arrested in Henning
- Five killed in rocket explosion on a naval test range in Russian Federation
- Team USA Basketball Announces 17 Finalists For World Cup Roster
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue: 7 Revelations From Her Interview
- Libya government says it accepts UN-proposed truce in Tripoli
- Jio GigaFiber, JioPhone 3 Likely To Launch At AGM 2019
- Twitter Suggest Next Apple’s Phone as iPhone 11 ‘Pro’
- Alabama first-team LB suffers potential knee injury
- Remains of Vietnam War Pilot finally home
- Nora Quoirin: Police set up new hotline to locate her