Matt Zenitz is an Alabama and Auburn reporter for the Alabama Media Group. The Crimson Tide are holding their first full scrimmage of the preseason on Saturday, and coach Nick Saban is expected to address the severity of Sanders' injury following the scrimmage. However, Alabama fans will have to wait at least another season to witness what he can do on the football field.
Sanders, who was named to the 2018 ALL-USA Second Team Offense and was the No. 11 player in the 2019 Chosen 25, is expected to miss the entire season after reportedly suffering the injury on the final play of Thursday's practice, according to AL.com.
He was held out of Friday's practice, which led to questions about his health.
It's a tough break for the former five-star running back.
Alabama also has freshman running back Keilan Robinson and redshirt freshman Jerome Ford.
"Trey Sanders is doing really, really well in camp", Saban said. "We've got some guys that have experience that are probably a lot closer to being game-ready than others, and we have a lot of other guys that we need to really work hard with so that we develop a lot of depth on our team". His attention to detail seems to be pretty good.
Alabama opens its season August 31 against Duke at Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Five killed in rocket explosion on a naval test range in Russian Federation
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue: 7 Revelations From Her Interview
- Nadal to meet Medvedev for Montreal title after Monfils injury
- Universal cancels controversial ‘Hunt’ in wake of shootings
- Augmented Reality Gaming Market Rising Trends and Global Outlook 2019 to 202
- Chase Lets Out Its Inner Canadian
- Cincinnati Masters: Murray handed tricky draw, to face Gasquet in first round
- UK police probe cause of sore eyes, vomiting in seaside town
- Five children die in fire at Pennsylvania daycare
- Ninja has a million subscribers on Mixer