WhatsApp is rumored to be working on its own Boomerang Feature which will be introduced on its platform soon. Currently, the feature is in the testing phase. Instead of using the mobile data and voice calls, people do make use of WhatsApp's Voice Calling and Video Calling feature. This new Boomerang feature will mimic the functionality of Instagram and will offer the same interface.
The feature is still a long way from making its way to our devices since it hasn't even made it to the WhatsApp Beta apps yet. iOS doesn't have the feature yet either.
WhatsApp recently rolled out the frequently forwarded messages feature on both, Android as well as iOS versions of the app, to let users know if the message they have received has been forwarded over five times. With this option, you can easily create a loop video and can share it with your loved ones.
Users can send the boomerang to their contacts on chats or upload it as a status. It's the menu which usually allows you to choose a video or GIF as the desired format before sending it. The Boomerang feature is not available yet and there are no details when it will be released for its users. The move isn't surprising as Facebook is slowly integrating its apps WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger in more ways. Instagram first launched Boomerang app in 2015, and it later integrated the feature on the app.
- Bloody stabbing suspect driven by 'hate, homicide'
- Instagram Security Flaw Allowed Marketing Firm Collect Users' Personal Data
- Hong Kong police fire tear gas during another weekend of protests
- Tim Tebow's minor league Mets season ends in sad development
- Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus split
- YouTuber Marina Joyce has been found 'safe and well'
- On The Hunt, Trump Gets Results
- Lady Gaga accused of stealing Oscar-winning tune Shallow from songwriter
- Fighting continues in Aden as United Nations calls for dialogue
- Sterling shines in City rout as Spurs rally to beat Villa