"The defendant stated his target (was) 'Mexicans, '" the affidavit says.
Prior to carrying out the attack on Saturday, Crusius published a white supremacist manifesto online which expressed fears of a "Hispanic invasion" of Texas. Federal prosecutors have said they're weighing hate-crime charges.
Hannah Gliemann shields her candle from the wind during an Interfaith Vigil for El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio mass shooting victims. The shooting was one of the 10 deadliest in modern United States history and one of at least three mass shootings in a week.
El Paso is about a nine-hour drive from Allen, where Crusius lived, and he apparently deliberately selected the city because of its heavily Hispanic population. Authorities say he has been cooperative and has answered their questions.
The alleged gunman was identified as Patrick Wood Crusius, 21.
The auto he emerged from on Saturday was about a half mile from the Walmart, stopped on a street that essentially divides shopping areas from residential areas. (AP) Multiple people were killed and injured and at least one person was in custody after a shooting rampage at a shopping mall, police in the Texas border town of El Paso said. His lawyer, appointed by the court, did not immediately comment about the filing; a judge on Friday agreed to appoint a second attorney for Crusius. "He was raised in a family that taught love, kindness, respect, and tolerance - rejecting all forms of racism, prejudice, hatred, and violence". The FBI said the Dayton shooter also explored violent ideologies.
On Wednesday, four days after 22 people were killed in a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, the Houston Texans announced that they're joining forces with the NFL Foundation, the league's non-profit charitable organization, to "donate $100,000 to the El Paso Victims' Fund - El Paso Community Foundation".
- Moeen Ali dropped by England, Jack Leach called up for Lord's
- Instagram Security Flaw Allowed Marketing Firm Collect Users' Personal Data
- Microsoft workers listening in on intimate Skype calls
- Watchdog demands answers as power cut causes chaos across Britain
- 'Never going back lol': Gigi Hadid robbed while on holiday in Greece
- Fighting continues in Aden as United Nations calls for dialogue
- Princess Charlotte Hilariously Sticks Her Tongue Out at the Crowd
- Megan Thee Stallion's 'Hot Girl Summer' Ignites The Heat Of The Season
- Chernobyl Vodka Made in Exclusion Zone Coming Soon
- Sterling shines in City rout as Spurs rally to beat Villa