With about 45 minutes left in the practice, Bosa appeared to get tangled up with multiple teammates on a running play off the right side and stayed down on the field after the play ended.
The 21-year-old was selected with the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft and agreed to a 4-year, $33M rookie contract that included a $22M signing bonus.
San Francisco 49ers' defensive Nick Bosa sustained an ankle sprain Wednesday and is expected to the preseason, general manager John Lynch said Thursday morning. He doesn't have a full-blown one, but it has some components of that.
The Niners invested $3.6 million in Verrett and will hope he will be ready to play at some point early in the season, if not by Week 1.
After his injury scare in practice on Wednesday, most fans feared for the worst.
On top of Bosa going down, other key players such as Jason Verrett, K'Waun Williams, and the aforementioned Ford and McKinnon have all suffered injuries that will likely force them to miss time - at least in the preseason. Bosa also suffered a torn ACL in high school. "But he had an over 300-pound man land on his leg and it was very fortunate that we didn't lose him for the year". He missed most of last season with the Buckeyes due to a core muscle injury. [Wednesday], he had a big human being fall on his leg while he was engaged with someone else. Nick Bosa, the accomplished edge rusher from Ohio State, was viewed by most draft analysts as the best all-around football player in the class; landing him at the second pick was a boon for San Francisco.
- Princess Charlotte Hilariously Sticks Her Tongue Out at the Crowd
- Walmart pulls violent game displays in wake of mass shootings
- Rugby Championship: Australia thrash All Blacks 47-26 in Perth
- Instagram Security Flaw Allowed Marketing Firm Collect Users' Personal Data
- Spectacular weekend forecast with sunshine, low humidity
- Hong Kong police fire tear gas during another weekend of protests
- Watchdog demands answers as power cut causes chaos across Britain
- Megan Thee Stallion's 'Hot Girl Summer' Ignites The Heat Of The Season
- Springboks celebrate winning Rugby Championship for first time after dismantling Pumas
- Jeffrey Epstein Death Provokes Anger, Outrage Across Social Media