England worldwide Trippier officially joined La Liga giant Atleti from Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday, signing a three-year contract in a deal reportedly worth €22million (£20m). The Spanish side confirmed the news on their Twitter page welcoming their new player.
Atletico are finalising the details of both deals which will be completed at around €25 million each and that will serve to complete Diego Simeone's defensive overhaul following the summer departures of key players Juanfran, Diego Godin, Lucas Hernandez and Filipe Luis.
According to BBC, the transfer fee will be £20m. He rose to prominence following the 2018 World Cup where he delivered very good performances with England.
The now former Spurs defender was left out of Mauricio Pochettino's pre-season tour squad of Asia to complete the deal. "I'll see what happens and what the club wants most importantly". By joining them, Trippier becomes a rarity in that he is a Brit who is now going to be playing overseas.
Atletico are also considering Napoli playmaker Fabian Ruiz as an alternative, but president Enrique Cerezo said on Tuesday the Rojiblancos are interested in James.
That's because Atletico Madrid have announced his signing. The Manchester City academy graduate joins the centre-half Felipe, secured from Porto, and left-back Renan Lodi, previously with Athletico Paranaense.
Santiago Arias and the injured Sime Vrsaljko are the other right-backs on the free-spending LaLiga club's books.
- Pakistan arrests ex-prime minister on corruption allegations
- Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL Specs Leaked, Could Run Snapdragon 855 Plus
- Francis will be Seattle's GM
- Ally Netanyahu Is Mulling Whether Omar, Tlaib Can Enter Israel
- U.S. shoots down Iranian drone
- Overwatch begins testing its game-changing Role Queue system
- Khloe Kardashian explains why she doesn't 'hate' ex Tristan
- Quentin Tarantino Has Written A Western TV Show Called Bounty Law
- 10 killed, 86 wounded in Taliban attack in Kandahar city
- China takes 'compulsory measures' against Australian writer: ministry