Probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if remixes of 'Old Town Road' outlive the human race. It's not one, it's not the other. A new remix featuring Young Thug and viral sensation Mason Ramsey has hit the airwaves, and the results are surprisingly sharp.
You've got to hand it to Lil Nas X, who's found a way to squeeze more life out of his smash hit "Old Town Road". Giving him company is the famous yodeling kid Mason Ramsey. "The song is country-trap". "To me, my most defining moment in the country was being joined by George Jones and Loretta Lynn on my self-penned 'Country Music Has the Blues, '" said Cyrus.
Thug was the first to merge trap music and country but not the first to merge hip-hop and country. The song was the second single from Nelly's album Suit and peaked at #3 on the Billboard charts.
Lil Nas X took the concept Thug started and perfected the formula with "Old Town Road" and his latest EP "7".
"Old Town Road" is still gaining momentum and is even being used in Sylvester Stallone's upcoming film, Rambo: Last Blood.
Billy Ray Cyrus' verse remains on the remix.
- A New Minecraft Earth
- A man who stole a car with kids inside killed by crowd
- Jeffrey Epstein Accused Of Witness Tampering After Allegedly Wiring $350,000
- No lights, big city: Power outage KOs Broadway, Times Square
- Funeral held for Beth Chapman of ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’
- Jim Bouton, ex-Yankees pitcher and ‘Ball Four’ author, dies
- David Ortiz recovering after 3rd surgery following complications from gunshot wound
- Widespread power outages hit parts of New York's Manhattan
- Sudan activists call for ‘justice’ marches in wake of deal
- Here’s Super 30’s first day box-office collection