What's interesting about this idea is that it would put a limit on how many games each individual player can participate in. With the current CBA winding down the end of next year, both management and labor are getting their platforms ready for battle.
Along with an 18-game schedule comes a stipulation that players can only play in sixteen of those games. An analysis done by the NFL Players Association found that up to $2.5 billion in additional annual revenue could be generated with two more games. During early discussions regarding the 2021 collective bargaining agreement, the owners have offered to increase roster sizes and limit workloads in favor of growing the regular-season slate, according to the Wall Street Journal's Andrew Beaton.
Both sides hope a new agreement can be reached before it comes to an National Football League lockout like the one before the 2011 season or a player strike like the ones that occurred in the 1970s and 1980s.
The NFL's ownership group still has the desire to expand the regular-season schedule to 18 games.
Wait... what? The NFL owners want an 18-game season, but it would only allow NFL players to play in 16 games?
The longer season would require a shortening of the preseason schedule, which is typically four games for teams.
Smith is in Miami Beach for the weekend as part of the NFLPA's former player summer getaway, a link-up with retired players geared toward post-career professional development opportunities. "I haven't seen anything that makes me think that it would be good for the players". That solution would be used to protect the health of the players. That would add $15 million to each team's salary cap and give players more money. You tell someone you're going to work longer, and you figure out how to make it work? Although, the likeliness of that happening while DeMaurice Smith has something to say about it is low. If the team did not honor his request, he said he wanted to be traded. "It's a fact that he chose to make a decision as a grown man", Smith said.
- Jenelle Evans Made Up Story About Husband Shooting Her Dog
- China's Fosun Group confirms Thomas Cook rescue bid
- ‘Never played better’: Halep leaves beaten Serena ‘like deer in headlights’
- Oliver Jackson-Cohen to Star in ‘The Invisible Man’
- NY Jets' Chris Herndon Suspended 4 Games After DUI Crash Case Conviction
- Army to help police quell Cape Town murders
- Jeffrey Epstein Accused Of Witness Tampering After Allegedly Wiring $350,000
- Funeral held for Beth Chapman of ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’
- Widespread power outages hit parts of New York's Manhattan
- Google to update the News tab to emphasise on headlines