When an Amber Alert was issued in May, Waterloo Region police emergency call centres received at least 10 complaint calls about alerts appearing on their cellphones and televisions.
The toddler had recently been placed in the temporary custody of his aunt, who told police she put the boy to bed shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday and discovered him missing at around 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Police identified the relative as a step-grandfather, 47-year-old Harold Johnson.
Detective Gary Harvey told reporters that, given how much time has passed, the police were concerned that grandpa and the boys can go far away from Toronto, and at some point reached that has been notified by the border service of the USA.
Police then located a man matching that description, 47-year-old Harold Johnson, but the child was not in his possession. He is described as 30 inches tall, weighing 20 pounds, and has black hair with braids.
York police, in consultation with Ontario Provincial Police, issued an Amber Alert for the boys about 90 minutes earlier, around 3 a.m. ET.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call 911 or the Dallas police at 214-671-4268. He was reported missing Wednesday morning. That person is now in jail in Keller, Texas on unrelated warrants.
"He's dead", she said. We love him, and we hope that he's safe, ' DiShundra Thomas, Cedrick's mother, said. The suspect was last heard from in Dallas, according to police.
'We just want our son back, ' Thomas said outside Dallas police headquarters Wednesday. A press conference was planned for Thursday afternoon.
She said the boy was gone when she woke up in the middle of the night, but couldn't explain how someone got into her home.
- 'Star Trek' actress Stephanie Niznik dead at 52
- Serena Williams breaks silence on Meghan Markle Wimbledon visit
- Xiaomi Mi A3 press renders emerge alongside detailed spec sheet
- Graves dug in missing teen search empty: Vatican
- Heidi Klum is secretly married to rocker Tom Kaulitz
- MacBook Air gets price cut as entry MacBook Pro adds Touch Bar
- EU Parliament to vote on von der Leyen on July 16
- Amazon Music Unlimited is growing faster than market leaders Spotify and Apple
- Hamilton's Kia Nurse named a starting guard for the WNBA all-star game
- United Nations rights council votes to probe Philippine drug killings