De Ligt, 19, has agreed personal terms with Juve and is tipped to sign in a deal worth around €70 million ($113 million).
There been speculation in Italy that the move may happen today so that De Ligt can be announced over the weekend and join Juventus on their Asian tour this summer.
The youngster's future has remained in the balance all summer as the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain have all been heavily linked with an approach, but recent reports have indicated that Juventus are now in pole position to sign the starlet.
Ajax announced the squad on Saturday with while the likes of fellow rising stars Donny van de Beek, David Neres and Nicolas Tagliafico also not included, though transfer rumors involving players not named De Ligt have been much fewer and farther between.
Last week, Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu said he knows where De Ligt would be playing next season, but would not elaborate on the point.
- A New Minecraft Earth
- Reckitt to pay $1.4 billion to end long-running Indivior probes
- Google to update the News tab to emphasise on headlines
- A man who stole a car with kids inside killed by crowd
- Here’s Super 30’s first day box-office collection
- Trump Escalates Attacks on Social Media
- No lights, big city: Power outage KOs Broadway, Times Square
- United Kingdom police launch investigation into leaked ambassador cables
- ‘Never played better’: Halep leaves beaten Serena ‘like deer in headlights’
- Huawei chairman upbeat about firm's sustainable development