During his briefing in Parliament Cele said, "We are confronted with the sad reality of multiple burial activities in cemeteries, more than newborns in maternity wards".
The South African National Defence Force will be deployed in violence-riddled communities in Cape Town, the office of Police Minister Bheki Cele said on Thursday.
Dlamini said the SANDF does not deploy without clear legal instruments in place known as "deployment papers". That includes the killing of 13 people, all shot dead in Philippi East.
For months, community policing forums have been calling for the deployment of more police officers to areas severely affected by gang violence.
"The visit will be to engage with the community during a walkabout to get feedback on the recent deployments in the areas, post the tabling of the Department of Police and IPID budget vote speech and announcement of the deployment of the South African National Defence Force and SAPS Specialised Units to volatile and gang infested areas", Naidoo said.
'In the Western Cape, 1,875 people were murdered in the past six months alone.
The deployment is for three months and can be renewed to ensure sustainability, according to Cele.
Western Cape Premier Alan Winde has said the provincial crime summit has strengthened ties between all roleplayers. Many wealthy people live in fortified homes with high walls topped with electrical wires, CCTV monitoring and armed guards. The Western Cape Government and the City of Cape Town have already placed additional law enforcement resources at schools in specific areas, and we continue to provide resources to neighbourhood watches. In places like Philippi or Khayelitsha, the largest black shantytown about 30km (18 miles) from the city centre, tens of thousands of people live cheek by jowl in a squalid sea of shacks unnumbered homes on nameless streets that are flawless for criminals and a nightmare for police.
"We believe that by the time that time comes, we would have normalised the situation and we'll sustain that through normal policing", he said.
- ‘Never played better’: Halep leaves beaten Serena ‘like deer in headlights’
- Irina Shayk's Bradley Cooper Post-Breakup Interview Is So Intriguing
- David Ortiz recovering after 3rd surgery following complications from gunshot wound
- Jim Bouton, ex-Yankees pitcher and ‘Ball Four’ author, dies
- Jenelle Evans Made Up Story About Husband Shooting Her Dog
- Here’s Super 30’s first day box-office collection
- Vancouver shaken by magnitude 4.6 natural disaster off coast of Washington State
- Billie Eilish drops 'Bad Guy' remix feat. Justin Bieber
- Facebook Still Leading Social Media Platform in 2019
- Trump Escalates Attacks on Social Media