The Robbery-Homicide Division Special Assault Section and the San Diego Police Department arrested Diaz, whose bail is set at $500,000.
The teen and her mother said they have both filed restraining orders with the Los Angeles Police Department, Newsweek said.
Clips posted to her social media allegedly show Diaz being verbally and physically abusive, leading to calls for his arrest, CBS Los Angeles reported. Keemstar included an interview with Angelica Salek, who was 16 years old at the start of the alleged relationship.
"I was just so scared always because he would yell at me always".
Diaz's Instagram account has since been changed to private.
The Los Angeles Police Department tweeted Thursday that it was investigating allegations of physical abuse and sexual relations with a minor against a social media personality. "Currently, the Department has directed a group of investigators to look into these allegations", the police department wrote. "It was fake. It is acting lessons, and it does sound insane, but it is an acting bar", he told HollywoodFix.com in an interview published on July 6. ". It was my fault if somebody would ever have any suspicions that him and I were dating".
"I was like squished and I had to not make a sound basically, and I heard the cops come in searching for me, and obviously they couldn't find me", she said.
"I know it's hard because I was manipulated", the 17-year-old said in an Instagram story video on Friday.
Diaz denied the allegations of abuse last week on The Hollywood Fix and said he and the girl in the video were acting.
He has parlayed his online success into several TV roles, including appearances on comedian George Lopez's TV Land show, "Lopez", and a starring role in the Zeus Network show, "Sober Coach".
- ‘Never played better’: Halep leaves beaten Serena ‘like deer in headlights’
- EU Parliament to vote on von der Leyen on July 16
- David Ortiz recovering after 3rd surgery following complications from gunshot wound
- Angela Merkel sits during welcoming ceremony following third public shaking incident
- Trump Escalates Attacks on Social Media
- NY Jets' Chris Herndon Suspended 4 Games After DUI Crash Case Conviction
- Google to update the News tab to emphasise on headlines
- Jeffrey Epstein Accused Of Witness Tampering After Allegedly Wiring $350,000
- Billie Eilish drops 'Bad Guy' remix feat. Justin Bieber
- A New Minecraft Earth