The announcement was the latest episode in a spat between the two clubs and Griezmann after the 28-year-old failed to show up for Atletico's pre-season gathering on Sunday following his announcement in May he would be leaving for an unnamed destination - long-suspected to be Barcelona.
"Griezmann, It's magnificent!", Barcelona said in a video on Twitter to announce their forward's arrival.
Griezmann has always been expected to join Barcelona since his impending departure from Atletico was announced in May.
"I wanted to thank you for all the love you've given me in these five years, in which I've won my first important trophies with a club". "I was told they have no intention of selling him, that Barcelona have not spoken to anyone and that stories to the contrary are simply not true", Joorabchian said, emphatically. He rejected an offer to join Barcelona in 2018.
Before joining Atletico Madrid in July 2014, Griezmann had played for another Spanish club, Real Sociedad.
In a statement, Barca revealed they had paid the 120 million euros to activate the Frenchman's release clause, adding he would sign a five-year deal that included a "buyout clause of 800 million euros".
The club went on to say that with the move, Griezmann "takes another step forward in his career with the goal of consolidating his place as one of the best players in the world".
'Atlético de Madrid believes that the termination of the contract happened before the end of the last season due to facts, acts and demonstrations made by the player, and therefore has already initiated the procedures it has deemed appropriate to protect their rights and lawful interests'. He will sign his contract Sunday.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 press renders emerge alongside detailed spec sheet
- Suspending Parliament for no-deal Brexit will provoke crisis - Hammond
- US House Democrats lead push to restrict Trump on Iran strikes
- Mortal Kombat Reboot Movie Will Be Rated R
- Tottenham fans react to hijacking interest in defender William Saliba
- After being dumped from 'Love Island', Lucie talks Joe, Tommy and George
- India, US agree to address mutual trade concerns
- Met Police Launch Criminal Investigation Into Ambassador 'Inept' Email Leak
- HBO Max is WarnerMedia's Netflix-competitor
- Saguaro cactus impales auto in Arizona crash