This seemed to be the case for one particular man who has now gone viral after a clip of him going on a misogynistic rant started making its rounds around the internet, bringing to life another two of The Conversation's article's claims: "Shorter people feel less secure and likeable", and "short men are more likely to commit a violent crime" - or what has usually been dubbed as a "Napoleon Complex".
One of the women rhetorically asks the man who, in the Bagel Boss, said that to him.
The 45-year-old man was then told to calm down by a male patron, at which point, the man turned around and shouted "Shut up".
"Why is it OK for women to say, 'oh, you're five feet, ' on dating sites, 'you should be dead?' that's OK?" he screamed during the incident.
"Women in general have said that on dating sites", the vertically-challenged man retorted. "Everywhere I go I get the same f*cking smirk with the biting lip".
A manager said a female employee was serving him.
"Shut your mouth! You're not God, or my father, or my boss", the angry man said while pointing in the other man's face.
Another man off camera could be heard telling him to cool off, which prompted Morgan to say, "Go ahead and attack me".
Suffolk County authorities say there were no reported injuries in the bagel shop brawl, nor were any charges filed.
"He said, 'Why are you smiling at me?'" said Patty.
In a second video, Morgan tells responding officers that he's "f-king fed up" with people asking him about his height. The shocking footage ends with him getting tackled. He also accuses a woman of being a "ghetto hoodrat" and appears to get into a physical altercation with her after he claims she cut him in line for the bathroom.
"So in bagel boss this morning, the misogynistic douchebag seen in the video was degrading nearly all of the female staff as well as other patrons", wrote 18-year-old Twitter user Diana Reyes, who uses the Twitter handle @oliviabradley88, in the caption to a 45-second-long video of the incident.
- Hubble spots black hole surrounded by material that shouldn’t be there
- Trump drops another drug pricing proposal after court blocks TV ad plan
- Google says leaked assistant recordings are a violation of data security policies
- Aston Villa close in on £12m signing of Brentford defender Ezri Konsa
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
- Valve "Steam Labs" To Open Experimental Features To Public Testing
- Apple Watch’s Walkie-Talkie App Disabled Due to Eavesdropping Bug
- West Bengal: Cricket fan dies after MS Dhoni gets out
- Fed Easing Bets Firm After Jerome Powell Flags Downside Economic Risks
- Liverpool prioritising chemistry and continuity in quiet transfer window