Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory actress Denise Nickerson, best known for her role as Violet Beauregarde in the film classic, has died aged 62, her family said. She was also reportedly suffering seizures after being admitted to the hospital and entering a "coma-like" state.
They wrote: "She has random and semi-frequent seizures, but their intensity has grown far less severe as the day has progressed".
LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 19: Cast of Willy Wonka (LtoR) Diana Sowle, Julie Dawn Cole, Peter Ostrum, Michael Bollner, Denise Nickerson and Paris Themmen at the The Hollywood Show held at Westin Los Angeles Airport on July 19, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.
Jasmine spoke about her health situation via Facebook last June. Prior to her death, they said she had been given morphine "to keep her pain free and slow her breathing". Her family announced on Wednesday that they had chosen to stop Denise's treatment after she suffered a stroke past year that caused severe damage to her body.
"They have upped her oxygen", her family wrote.
Born in New York City in 1957, Nickerson was 13 when she appeared in Willy Wonka, which starred Gene Wilder as the eccentric chocolatier.
"They just took off all the equipment. At some point during this event, she aspirated, and caught pneumonia".
Jasmine also asked for prayers for her husband, who has "never really experienced a major loss like this". Her son, Josh, and his wife are at the hospital with Denise, and have started a GoFundMe to honor Denise's last wishes of being cremated, and her ashes turned into glass artwork. We just need some peace of mind.
But when her character ignores factory owner Wonka's warnings and chews an experimental three-course meal gum, Violet morphs into a large blueberry.
Nickerson stopped acting in 1978 and became a nurse.
She played the recurring roles of Amy Jennings and Nicole Collins in ABC-TV's Dark Shadows and appeared as Paula Miller in the 1971 TV movie Neon Ceiling.
- Spanish judge rules 43-year-old man is son of Julio Iglesias
- Final Volkswagen 'Beetle' model rolls off Mexican production line
- Wimbledon 2019: Novak Djokovic sweeps through to semifinals
- Lady Gaga Announces Haus Laboratories Beauty Line
- US central bank to study Facebook virtual currency
- UK Seizure of Iranian Tanker Sets Dangerous Precedent: Zarif
- ‘Unprecedented emergency’: S. Korean president warns of prolonged export row with Japan
- Penguins center Matt Cullen retires after 21 seasons | Lexington Herald Leader
- Stranger Things Season 3 Breaks Netflix Viewing Records
- Birthday Cake Decorator Mistakes ‘Moana’ for ‘Marijuana