The newest reveals for the Galar Dex are Duraludon, a Steel/Dragon, Alcremie, a Fairy-type, Rolycoly, a Rock-type, and the Gigantamax versions of Corviknight and Drednaw. Just as previous titles, Sword and Shield will each feature a handful of exclusive Pokemon that can only be found in that version, but that isn't the only difference between the two games; each will also have some version-exclusive Gyms.
Then we have the new gym leaders Allister and Bea.
Of course, along with version-exclusive Gyms, there will be a handful of Pokemon you'll only be able to catch in either Sword or Shield, and now we've gotten our first glimpse at a couple that will be exclusive to each version. And wouldn't you know it: after learning about Dynamaxing and how it'll make Pokemon huge and powerful, "it's been discovered that there's a special phenomenon known as Gigantamaxing".
We'll undoubtedly hear about more as Sword and Shield get closer to release. The gym for each respective trainer will also reflect their themes in its colours, which we also get a brief look at in the trailer. Other gym leaders, like Chairman Rose, will appear in both games.
Pokémon Sword and Shield will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 15. The Pokemon also changes their appearance as well, making Gigantamaxing a combination of Mega-Evolutions and Z-Moves for a temporary boost in battle. The game is set to bring hoards of new Pokemon monsters in an update called "Gen 8".
If you thought Pokemon was weird already, just wait.
We don't know much yet about the upcoming game, but we do know you won't be able to transfer every old Pokemon across - a controversial decision that saw Junichi Masuda, the game's producer, issue a statement addressing the drama.
- Supplements Probably Aren’t Helping Your Heart, Research Suggests
- Billionaire and former presidential candidate Ross Perot is dead at 89
- Half-mile-wide asteroid found ‘hiding in our solar system’
- Thomas Markle breaks silence and admits regret over missing Archie's christening
- South Africa - Africa Cup of Nations - 10 July 2019
- Borderlands 3 is the latest title to adopt Apex Legends’ ping system
- United Kingdom ambassador to USA quits days after leaked cables on Donald Trump
- Ex-Liverpool & Fulham star Murphy: Elliott has superstar potential
- Operation Apocalypse Z begins tomorrow in Black Ops 4
- SpaceX Wins NASA Contract For Neutron Star Research Spacecraft