The epidemiological and traceback information collected thus far in the investigation indicates that Agroson's LLC of Bronx, New York, is the exclusive distributor of the imported papayas that likely made consumers from this outbreak sick.
A pet supplies retailer with more than a dozen Bay State stores is recalling pig ears after the Centers For Disease Control announced a salmonella outbreak connected to the popular dog treats has resulted in sicknesses in 13 states, including MA, federal officials said.
The people infected with the strain of salmonella uganda have been reported from eight states, including New York, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Texas.
No deaths have been reported, but 27 people have been hospitalized.
Onset of illness dates range from November 18, 2018, to June 13, 2019.
Consumers in the USA should not eat any Cavi brand whole, fresh papayas.
The CDC recommends people always wash hands when handling pet food or treats, store pet food away from human food, and never let pets lick mouths, face, or open wounds.
"The FDA strongly advises importers, suppliers, and distributors, as well as restaurants, retailers, and other food service providers from all states to not sell or distribute whole, fresh papayas from Agroson's LLC that are labeled under the Cavi brand", it says. The papayas are sold under the brand name Cavi.
Report your illness to the health department.
The CDC said most people infected with salmonella develop diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps 12 to 72 hours after being exposed to the bacteria. The illness usually lasts four to seven days, and most people recover without treatment.
Children younger than 5 years, pregnant women, adults 65 and older and people with weakened immune systems are more likely to have a severe illness.
- Train accident: PM Imran offers condolence to families of victims
- Amazon to launch 3 236 internet-beaming satellites with Project Kuiper
- AT&T becomes first mobile service provider to automatically block robocalls
- Third Walking Dead series casts its first three leads
- Kanye West, Kylie Jenner, & Jay-Z Rule Forbes' Highest-Paid Entertainers List
- Sir Patrick Stewart shares a look at Picard spin-off
- Kanye West praised for turning $53M in debt into $1B Yeezy empire
- Sam Allardyce Rejects Newcastle's Approach To Replace Rafael Benitez
- Danton Heinen's arbitration hearing set for August 3
- Telstra outage brings down Eftpos and ATMs across Australia