"If there is a low total, we knew there's probably only one or two sides in world cricket that will put seven fielders in the ring and that was always going to be New Zealand", he said.
"No, he hasn't told us anything about his future", Kohli said when quizzed, India Today reported. We just wanted some early wickets and it was a great start for the bowlers. "They hit ideal line and length and forced us to make errors".
Kohli suggested the tournament follow the model of the Indian Premier League, in which teams who finish top in the regular season get another chance to reach the final if they lose their first play-off match.
"And in my watching Jadeja for 10 years, me playing with him as well, this is probably his top quality, like best knock according to me because the kind of pressure, the stage we are at, nearly out of the game and then he produces that". However, I think Virat Kohli was unlucky as it was a poor decision to give him out.
Then it was a professional effort with the ball this morning and we had the momentum.
Jadeja and MS Dhoni put on 116 runs for the seventh wicket to fix the damage, but their wickets spelt the end for the pre-tournament favourites.
"Aaj kal main sun rahi hun ke Aap retire hona chahte hain (I hear you want to retire)", Ms Mangeshkar said today in a tweet addressed to the cricketer who led India to the 2011 World Cup triumph.
"We are sad but not devastated".
The unexpected loss left a largely Indian-dominated crowd at Old Trafford disappointed, while a billion fans back home tried to come to terms with the heartbreaking end of the team's bid for a third World Cup crown.
"Trent Boult and Matt Henry's opening spell was one of the best you'll see, and to dismiss three incredibly talented India batsman to have them five for three takes something special".
- Final Volkswagen 'Beetle' model rolls off Mexican production line
- Penguins center Matt Cullen retires after 21 seasons | Lexington Herald Leader
- Australia bat against England in World Cup semi-final
- Lampard's Chelsea reign begins with draw
- Willy Wonka star 'taken off life support'
- Zoom backtracks on 'legitimate solution' that left Mac webcams vulnerable to highjacking
- US central bank to study Facebook virtual currency
- India vs New Zealand - Highlights & Stats
- Kim Darroch resigns as United Kingdom ambassador to U.S. after leaked Trump comment
- Birthday Cake Decorator Mistakes ‘Moana’ for ‘Marijuana