Xiaomi says in its official discussion post that MIUI Global Beta ROM discharges are intended for open testing, and they aren't gone for giving users an approach to encounter new highlights. Most of those who run the former are those who want to test new features and offer feedback before they make it to a stable release.
MIUI, Xiaomi's custom build of Android, has changed a lot since its introduction in 2010.
In a bid to deliver a stable experience to the masses, Xiaomi has chose to suspend the release of MIUI Global Beta ROM updates for all its devices.
Apparently, a lot of people are beginning to use MIUI Beta as more models get announced.
It's not now clear if existing beta users will be transitioned to MIUI Stable, or if they'll be left on the most recent update until they switch back themselves.
In addition, the latest MIUI Beta ROM update 9.6.13 now also adds a customizable Lock screen clock (Settings Lock screen & password Advanced settings).
This news has made it clear that there will be no MIUI 11 update for its global variants at least for now.
Mi community blog post did not mention about the MIUI's Chinese Beta program, so it is expected to remain constant.
One common point is that Xiaomi is releasing too many phones and doesn't seem to have enough personnel working on global versions of its software hence the reason for the decision. Prominently, Xiaomi has been discharging worldwide MIUI updates through two particular channels, to be specific Beta and Stable, and the most recent choice is constrained to the beta versions as it were. Let us know in the comment box.
- Canada qualify for last 16 with 2-0 win over New Zealand
- Viva Forever! Spice Girls close reunion tour at Wembley
- Trump confirms Mexico as 'safe third country', doubles asylum returns
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s wife convicted of misusing state funds; fined $15,000
- Pet Food IPO Chewy May Put Amazon On Its Heels
- Amazon's Alexa invites lawsuit over recording children's voices via Echo Dot
- Kemba Walker willing to take less, help Hornets build
- Prince Harry celebrates first Father's Day with newborn son Archie
- MacBook Series Getting New Models Soon, Registrations Suggest
- Google Chrome 76 Beta Update Now Offers Better Anonymity