"And that's just not fair". She's a tremendous spokesperson.
The OSC designated Conway as a repeat offender on Thursday for "disparaging Democratic presidential candidates while speaking in her official capacity", and they also determined that she "has shown disregard for the law" for shrugging off her violations.
"The Office of Special Counsel's (OSC) unprecedented actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process", he said. "She's been loyal. She's just a great person".
Trump characterized the finding by the Office of the Special Counsel as an infringement on Conway's First Amendment rights.
President Trump in a phone call with "Fox & Friends" says he will not fire his counselor amid accusations that she violated the Hatch Act, saying her freedom of speech is trying to be taken away.
Trump said that although Conway is a government official, she should be able to answer the questions about any topic proposed by the press.
Counsellor to the US President, Kellyanne Conway during a news conference in 2017.
"I am a Trump appointee-I have no animus toward Kellyanne whatsoever", he added.
House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings said his committee will hold a hearing with the Office of Special Counsel on June 26 and will invite Conway to testify.
-What is the Hatch Act?
When Brian Kilmeade asked if he would encourage Conway to stop criticizing other political figures, Trump answered, "It doesn't work that way... As a result, the current Report would serve only to undermine public confidence in OSC and its procedures", a lengthy letter written by Counsel to the President Pat Cipollone to Special Counsel Henry Kerner states.
The agency noted that Conway attacked former vice president Joe Biden's lack of "vision", said Senator Elizabeth Warren of MA spent "decades appropriating somebody else's heritage and ethnicity", and called Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey "sexist" and a "tinny" "motivational speaker".
"Her defiant attitude is inimical to the law, and her continued pattern of misconduct is unacceptable", the agency wrote.
- Snapchat’s gender swap filter catches cop allegedly grooming underage girl
- Huawei Trademarks Its HongMeng Mobile OS In Malaysia
- Opposition effort to block no-deal Brexit narrowly defeated
- PlayStation Network Error Worldwide, Account Management and Affected Platforms
- Defensive Argentina hold Japan to a draw
- Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt releases statement on Pat Bowlen
- More than 20 arrested at Moscow protest after reporter freed
- Theresa May announces net zero emissions goal for 2050
- Amanda Knox: An advocate for the wrongfully convicted
- Taylor Swift Baked Cookies for On-Again Friend Katy Perry!