As a string of deaths of American tourists staying in the Dominican Republic have family members raising questions, Barbara Corcoran, a real estate mogul and Shark Tank star, revealed Tuesday that her brother died under eerily similar circumstances to six other Americans.
Corcoran said no autopsy has been done on the New Jersey man but she was told he suffered a heart attack on April 21. She called him "my favorite brother" among her nine siblings and said he had a larger-than-life personality and would have been great on TV.
Although she did not go into specifics regarding John's passing, Barbara did reveal to the website, his cause of death was reportedly a heart attack. "Barbara would like to respect the privacy of his children and is not releasing any other information at this time".
His friend is who discovered the body, reports TMZ.
There have been a number of mysterious deaths of US citizens in the Dominican Republic in recent months, and people are questioning whether John's death is linked. However, the cause of the death of the sixth tourist remains unknown.
Other couples who have stayed at the hotel have made claims stating that they got sick after drinking from their room's minibar and others described smelling chemicals in their room that they said were insecticides or pesticides, Fox News reported. At the time, the Dominican Republic National Police said their deaths were likely do to respiratory failure and pulmonary edema.
The FBI is doing toxicology analysis, NPR says. "He loved and frequently visited the Dominican Republic".
"My father had a heart condition", Lande told PEOPLE magazine , "so his death didn't come as a complete shock to us".
Fox News reported the Dominican Republic's Tourism Ministry is trying to reassure American tourists the incidents are being taken seriously.
The deceased include a 41-year-old woman from Pennsylvania and a Maryland couple who were found dead in their hotel room. Prior to their death, they had posted photos on social media saying they were enjoying their vacation. "I appreciate your love and kindness".
Weirdly enough, six US travelers have been found dead in the country since June 2018: two were found at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, while the remaining four were found at other Bahia Principe resorts.
- Keanu Reeves not touching women is a thing
- We Might Be Consuming 5 Grams Of Plastic Every Week
- Important law: Canada bans capture and breeding of dolphins, whales
- Donald Trump brandishes 'secret' US-Mexico agreement to journalists
- Macron wants to give new impetus to strategic dialogue with Russian Federation
- Opposition effort to block no-deal Brexit narrowly defeated
- Kim Kardashian West speaks on prison reform at White House
- Klay goes down with knee injury, out for game
- Hundreds of Companies Tell Trump to End the Trade War
- Taylor Swift Baked Cookies for On-Again Friend Katy Perry!