U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday she's "done" with talking about President Donald Trump and called him the "diverter in chief", saying he manufactured controversies to distract attention from more important issues.
"I'm done with him", she said Tuesday at an event hosted by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation. I'm done with him.
Pelosi downplayed the fact that she reportedly said Trump should be in prison - potentially the catalyst for the president's attack - while he was on his official state visit to the UK. "I'm not going to talk about him anymore". "Do people think there's some impeachable offenses that the President committed? Yes".
The President lashed out at Pelosi over the "prison" comments last Thursday in an interview with Fox News, calling her a "nasty, vindictive, frightful person". "There are times when Congress is totally out of control and this is one of them", he said, adding that House Democrats are sending "unconstitutional subpoenas" and anyone who receives one should be fighting it in court.
White House Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, speaking to the same conference later Tuesday, expressed skepticism that Pelosi was "done" with Trump.
Pelosi has so far resisted starting an impeachment inquiry, even as a growing number of House Democrats have said publicly they are in favour of starting one. "We're not done with her".
When asked about whether she made the remarks, Pelosi said she would keep what she told fellow Democrats behind closed doors private. "We'll see how long that holds up". Last week, the Speaker said that Trump's threatened tariffs on Mexico were both bad policy and a distraction from the Mueller report.
"I think she's a disgrace", Trump said "I actually don't think she's a talented person, I've tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done".
- Facebook Still Leading Social Media Platform in 2019
- We Might Be Consuming 5 Grams Of Plastic Every Week
- Apple’s next iPhone could have a USB Type-C port
- Kyle Rudolph's Vikings deal cuts off another Patriots' tight end option
- Klay goes down with knee injury, out for game
- Kim Kardashian West speaks on prison reform at White House
- Konami reveals a TurboGrafx-16 Mini is on the way
- With French Open title in hand, can Rafael Nadal win Wimbledon?
- Huawei Trademarks Its HongMeng Mobile OS In Malaysia
- Taylor Swift Releases GLAAD-Boosting, Homophobia-Bashing ‘You Need to Calm Down’