Doris Burke reported he's out for the game. Despite remaining on the floor while training staff tended to him, Thompson was able to shoot his free throws before leaving for the locker room.
However, because it was not a flagrant foul, if Thompson did not shoot the free throws, he could not return to the game.
Warriors guard Klay Thompson was the latest Golden State player to go down with a serious injury as he tore his ACL with 2:22 left in the third quarter. Had he left he would have been ineligible to come back in the game.
Thompson was seen using crutches in the tunnel after being ruled out.
Thompson's injury came on the heels of a nightmare Game 5 for the Warriors, who won the game but lost Kevin Durant for the remainder of the series and beyond with a torn Achilles tendon.
Thompson proceeded to knock down both free throws, giving Golden State an 85-80 lead as Warriors fans chanted "MVP!"
Warriors general manager Bob Myers and Warriors director of sports medicine and performance Rick Celebrini walked behind Thompson as he made his way back to the locker room, much like they did with Durant on Monday night.
- Netflix teases Fortnite X Stranger Things crossover at E3
- 'Black Mirror' Creator Explains What Attracted Miley Cyrus to Her Episode
- Gulf of Oman incident
- With French Open title in hand, can Rafael Nadal win Wimbledon?
- ASUS confirms the ROG Phone 2 will include a 120Hz display
- Bloggers criticised for taking 'insensitive' photos at the Chernobyl site
- Boris Johnson surges ahead in Conservative leadership election
- Apple may end up buying Intel's modem business
- Konami reveals a TurboGrafx-16 Mini is on the way
- UK: MPs defeat motion to block no-deal Brexit