Following that somewhat vague revelation, the Republic of Gamers (ROG) division inside Asus took to Weibo once again on Tuesday to disclose a more specific (and arguably more exciting) feature of its upcoming super-high-end handset.
In partnership with Chinese fighting game Under the One Man Asus announced its upcoming phone will feature the increased refresh rate and promised more future games will be optimized for the 120Hz experience.
Considering last year's ASUS ROG Phone used an AMOLED panel, there is the slight possibility the ROG Phone 2 could have a 120Hz AMOLED display. To recap, the current ROG Phone already sports a display with 90Hz refresh rate, which is already impressive in its own right.
The post includes a promo image announcing the game Under One Person from Tencent which is based on the webcomic of the same name. The other two were the Razer Phone and Razer Phone unveiled in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
The original ROG Phone comes with a 4000 mAh battery, a rear fingerprint sensor, haptic feedback "AirTriggers" for games, a secondary USB-C connector, RGB lighting, and an optional cooler that can be attached during extended gaming sessions. The new ROG phone will also feature exclusive gaming software optimization from Tencent Games for a more immersive experience.
Word on the street is that the ROG Phone 2 will debut next month.
- With French Open title in hand, can Rafael Nadal win Wimbledon?
- Shahid Kapoor: I regret not doing Rang De Basanti
- Eden Hazard: the perfect fit at Real Madrid, says his manager
- Cuba Gooding Jr. to turn himself in on groping charge
- Virat Kohli 100th in list of highest-paid athletes
- White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders stepping down
- Konami reveals a TurboGrafx-16 Mini is on the way
- Las Vegas to Host Team USA in Preparation for FIBA Tourney
- Cricket legend at centre of freaky commentary controversy
- Selena Gomez melts down with Jimmy Fallon during spicy hot wings challenge