In a major setback the first #MeToo movement that hit headline a year ago, sexual harassment case filed against actor Nana Patekar was closed by cops on grounds that "no prima facie case against the actor". A "B summary" report is filed when police can not find evidence in support of the complaint and are unable to continue the investigation.
"The B Summary report has been submitted before the concerned court", Shailesh Pasalwar, senior inspector at the Oshiwara police station, told Mid-day. The actor however received a clean chit on Thursday since the cops filed B report summary in the case. He also claimed the police "acted negligently to protect Nana Patekar". We can oppose before court and after hearing, if the court satisfies, then again it can be directed to police for re-investigation or further investigations.
According to reports, Mumbai police have closed the case against Nana citing lack of credible evidence.
Times Now reported meanwhile that Tanushree was going to continue her fight for justice, and could challenge the closure of the case in court.
Mr. Patekar had denied the allegations against him.
The sexual harassment case against Patekar has been closed by the police on grounds that there was "no prima facie case against the actor".
Ms Dutta claimed their witnesses were silenced and "fake witnesses" were put forth to weaken the case.
She added, "I'm neither shocked nor surprised being a woman in India". In an interview to ZoomTV, the actor, who debuted in Bollywood with Aashiq Banaya Aapne also named the film's producer Samee Siddiqui, director Rakesh Sarang and choreographer Ganesh Acharya, saying they knew about the harassment.
Ms. Dutta said she failed to understand how the "B summary" report was filed when statements of witnesses were not yet recorded.
Dutta's complaint against Patekar previous year sparked a nationwide '#MeToo' movement on social media. Nana misbehaved and intimidated her on the sets.
She also alleged that during the shooting of the song sequence, Mr. Patekar inappropriately touched her even after she clearly mentioned that she would not perform lewd, vulgar or uncomfortable steps.
- 5 arrested in connection to David Ortiz shooting
- Volvo, Uber reveal production-ready, autonomous auto
- Russian Doll star thanks Netflix algorithm for the show's success
- Former Ball State Football player dies in shooting at Florida home
- U.S-China Trade War Ripples Through Market Again After Trump Comments
- Fourth American reported dead at Dominican Republic resort in past two months
- Luigi's Mansion 3 - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019
- Memphis police shooting: Deadly shooting leads to anger and unrest
- More Heart break for Chelsea Fans as Real Madrid drops major announcement
- Pelicans Hiring Ex-WNBA Star Swin Cash As VP of Basketball Operations