According to ESPN, the 39-year-old Cash will "scout, help player development on and off the floor, and assume other roles within the organization". "I want to extend my honest gratitude to Mrs. Benson, David Griffin and the Pelicans organization for the opportunity to serve in a leadership role in the front office".
David Griffin has hit the ground running ever since he ended his two-year hiatus to join the New Orleans Pelicans front office as executive president of basketball operations.
David Griffin, the Pelicans' newly hired executive president of basketball operations, is continuing to fill out the front office to guide the team through a critical offseason. The Pelicans are expected to make the hire official later Monday.
The Pelicans are revamping their front office, as Griffin, the former general manager of the Cavaliers, was hired in mid-April. "Her legendary experience as a player, champion and victor at every level, on and off the floor, represents everything we want this organization to be about". Nelson formerly was head trainer with the Phoenix Suns.
In 2017, the New York Liberty hired Cash as director of franchise development. Cash is one of the most accomplished players in US women's basketball history, a three-time WNBA champion, four-time WNBA All-Star and two-time Olympic gold medalist. In addition, she was apart of two National Championship teams while playing collegiately at UCONN in 2000 and 2002. She also won a gold medal with Team USA in the 2004 Summer Olympics.
- Spice Girls to become superheroes in animated movie
- Transfer: De Ligt set to complete €75million move
- RJ Barrett confesses Knicks draft dream: 'The place I want to be'
- You Can Name an Extinct Animal. How About a Plant?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Pro to come with jaw-dropping price
- Turkey confirms Russian Federation S-400 missile deal, ignores USA warning
- Vitamin D Not Linked to Lower Diabetes Risk
- Google Decouples Drive and Photos
- Huawei suspends deliveries and development of new notebooks
- Former Ball State Football player dies in shooting at Florida home