Bieber had written on Monday: "I wanna challenge Tom Cruise to fight in the octagon".
When asked if he really intends to fight Tom, 56, Justin said: "Nah, I was just playing".
The 25-year-old tweeted out his beef the other day to the action movie star, even tagging in the President of UFC, Dana White. Who is willing to put on the fight? I'd have to get in good shape, I'm really skinny right now.
He went on: 'I'm pretty sure Tom would probably whoop my as ** in a fight.
He added: "I think he'd probably be out of my weight class".
In his original tweet, the Love Yourself singer gave no reason for wanting to fight Tom, but said he wanted to take him on in "the octagon", which is the type of ring used in UFC. "You know, he's got that dad strength".
Cruise - who shares daughter Suri, 13, with ex-wife Katie Holmes and son Connor, 24, and daughter Isabella, 26, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman - is known for his athletic prowess, often completing his own death-defying stunts on his film sets. "And for the record, Bieber stands at 5' 9", while Cruise comes in just below that at 5' 7".
Of course, Conor McGregor waded in, goading Tom to take him up on his offer so that he could host it.
Dori came up with the flawless name for the fight - "Cruisin' for a Bieber-uisin'".
"Stay tuned to find out!" the Irishman said.
- BCCI call in cover for injured Shikhar Dhawan
- Nigeria vs. South Korea - Football Match Report
- Canada To Ban Single-Use Plastics By 2021
- Former Ball State Football player dies in shooting at Florida home
- Google Decouples Drive and Photos
- Huawei suspends deliveries and development of new notebooks
- More Heart break for Chelsea Fans as Real Madrid drops major announcement
- U.S. submits formal extradition request for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
- United Kingdom home secretary signs USA extradition request for Julian Assange
- Real Madrid sign Mendy to continue summer spree