Jessica Biel appears to have declared herself a supporter of the anti-vaccination movement after spending the day lobbying lawmakers in the USA with advocate Robert F Kennedy Jr.
The SB 276 bill, which was launched in March by California senator and pediatrician Dr. Richard Pan, would limit medical exemptions from vaccinations without approval from a state public health officer.
Posting on Instagram, Kennedy applauded Biel's efforts, calling her "courageous" and for her to be applauded for "a busy and productive day".
Biel said she went to Sacramento to talk to California legislators about a proposed bill, explaining that her "concern" with the SB277 was exclusively regarding medical exemptions.
Jessica Biel visited the California State Capitol on Tuesday to lobby in support of what some consider to be an "anti-vaccination" stance against a bill that has been introduced in the state Senate, reports said.
Kennedy told The Daily Beast that he opposes the political red tape that he and Biel believe would force children to receive vaccinations.
"My dearest friends have a child with a medical condition that warrants an exemption from vaccinations, and should this bill pass, it would greatly affect their family's ability to care for their child in this state". "That's why I spoke to legislators and argued against this bill". "She feels that vaccination could cause complications", a Touch Weekly source claimed at the time.
Biel, who shares 4-year-old son Silas with husband Justin Timberlake, has not publicly shared her own position on vaccines, however her alignment with Kennedy has led Twitter to assume that she is also an anti-vaxxer. The bill follows SB 277, a 2015 bill that removed personal belief exemptions to vaccination requirements for schools and daycare centers in California.
- UK network operators 'call for clarity over position on Huawei'
- Transfer: De Ligt set to complete €75million move
- Huawei suspends deliveries and development of new notebooks
- Barca make final push to sign De Ligt
- U.S. submits formal extradition request for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
- Missouri, Maine, Vermont have abortion access victories
- Volvo, Uber reveal production-ready, autonomous auto
- Barty's next goal after Paris victory: No. 1 spot
- Nigeria vs. South Korea - Football Match Report
- Strictly’s AJ Pritchard’s brother Curtis set to appear on Love Island