India and New Zealand, the two unbeaten teams of World Cup 2019 will lock horns tomorrow at Trent Bridge.
However, Dhawan didn't take the field due to the injury and Ravindra Jadeja fielded in his place for the entire 50 overs. As of now, Dhawan has a taping on his thumb.
Later, reports suggested that Dhawan has been sidelined for at least three weeks.
New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor says it is too early to pick favourites for the World Cup, with most of the 10 teams firmly in the race to reach the semi-finals. And looks BCCI have heard those pleas as they have asked the wicketkeeper-batsman to flow down to England as cover for Dhawan.
Meanwhile, rising star Rishabh Pant and Ambati Rayudu are on the BCCI´s official stand-by list in case a replacement for Dhawan is needed. "The presence, he plays very well at ICC (International Cricket Council) tournaments and has a very good record over here", said Taylor.
The contest, which could be a curtailed one due to inclement weather, will have a quality Black Caps seam attack ready to make life hard for a new opening pair that will feature KL Rahul at the top alongside Rohit Sharma.
- Trudeau government joins Europe, California in banning single-use plastics
- Insys Therapeutics files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Extremely Powerful Sun 'Superflares' Could Disrupt Electronics Across the Globe
- 300,000 evacuated as India braces for Cyclone Vayu
- OnePlus 7 gets OxygenOS 9.5.5 update with camera improvements
- Prince Philip Turns 98, Royal Family Celebrates
- Saudis, Russia could agree OPEC policy at G-20, says Falih
- Here’s why Chris Hemsworth named his daughter after India
- Alongside a River, a Most Fascinating Severed Head
- Introducing Opera GX - first GAMING BROWSER!