"He has to make his own decisions", De Jong said after Holland's 2-1 win over England.
Asked if Ronaldo had told him to join Juventus in this transfer window, De Ligt seemingly confirmed that he did.
The defender has been heavily linked with moves to Paris Saint Germain and Barcelona, who have already swooped for Ajax prospect Frenkie De Jong, with the French team reportedly offering De Ligt the biggest payday.
And according to the 19-year-old centre-back, the Juventus forward was giving the highly-rated youngster some transfer advice.
On De Ligt, who was nutmegged by Goncalo Guedes before the Portugal winger exchanged passes with Bernardo Silva and fired in a 60th-minute victor, Van de Beek added: "A lot of clubs want to buy him, I think, because he is a good player and now he has to choose for himself".
Asked what colour shirt he would be wearing next season, he said: "I don't know. You are disappointed that you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about", he added.
The Dutchman was part of a rearguard tasked with stopping the ever-dangerous Portuguese star in Monday UEFA Nations League final in Porto.
Hakim Ziyech and Andre Onana are other Ajax players to be linked with an exit as Erik Ten Hag's side looks set to be dismantled - a sad development for the neutral, but one Van De Beek is philosophical about.
"What I answered? I didn't understand him at first". You have to ask him about it but I hope he comes to Barca. 'Now I will go on vacation, I'll think carefully about what is best for me and then I'll decide.
"It's not up to me to say what he's going to do or his thoughts. We've shown now we have good players and some older players and some young players. We have a good mix and I think it's good for Dutch football".
- Canada To Ban Single-Use Plastics By 2021
- Alex Morgan sets a scoring record and shakes World Cup
- Kyrie Irving Reportedly Parts Ways With Longtime Agent To Join ROC Nation
- 300,000 evacuated as India braces for Cyclone Vayu
- Insys Therapeutics files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Extremely Powerful Sun 'Superflares' Could Disrupt Electronics Across the Globe
- UK network operators 'call for clarity over position on Huawei'
- Trudeau government joins Europe, California in banning single-use plastics
- Here’s why Chris Hemsworth named his daughter after India
- Facebook will pay you to gather information from you