He was not at his sparkling best for Atletico this season, however, scoring 15 times in 37 league matches, a significant decline from the haul of 19 in 32 games the previous term.
Barcelona have always been linked with a move for Griezmann and the 28-year-old has a release clause in his contract that the La Liga champions are reportedly ready to trigger.
Griezmann is expected to sign a five-year deal at the Nou Camp.
And United are set to bid £95m for the Atletico man, which would break their transfer record set when buying Paul Pogba from Juventus for £89m in 2016.
According to him, the club knew Griezmann would be joining their LaLiga rivals since March.
"I know where Griezmann is going to play: at Barcelona".
The striker, who has scored 94 league goals for Atletico in 180 games, has also been linked with a move back to France to sign for oil-rich Paris Saint-Germain.
However, the Premier League side's inability to offer the World Cup victor Champions League football could be an issue.
If "everything goes well", Griezmann will join Barcelona on July 14th.
- Strictly’s AJ Pritchard’s brother Curtis set to appear on Love Island
- Turkey confirms Russian Federation S-400 missile deal, ignores USA warning
- Nigeria vs. South Korea - Football Match Report
- Transfer: De Ligt set to complete €75million move
- NASA Is Opening The International Space Station to Tourists
- Cuba Gooding Jr. will surrender to NYPD to face groping charge
- Blues to face Southampton as opening day fixtures are leaked Read Chelsea
- U.S-China Trade War Ripples Through Market Again After Trump Comments
- Froome out of Tour de France after training crash
- Missouri, Maine, Vermont have abortion access victories