"That was a slap in the face for us and there's not a lot I can say", Deschamps told French broadcaster TF1.
"Nothing more to add apart from to say well done to Turkey, and to get back to basics". We did not play our game against a team that played as they like, and we were not present.
Turkey's players celebrate winning the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier Group H soccer match between Turkey and France in Konya, Turkey, on June 8, 2019.
"We did not turn up and even if we are world champions, if we play like that we have no hope". They continue their qualifying campaign away to Iceland tomorrow while France will expect to rebound on their trip to minnows Andorra.
"We've no excuse", Lloris said.
Germany eased past hosts Belarus 2-0 to make it two wins from their first two Group C qualifiers and Belgium romped to a 3-0 home win over Kazakhstan to top Group I.
Despite Deschamps fielding nine of the 11 players who started last year's World Cup final against Croatia, the visitors were indebted to goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, who denied Gunes' men several times, for keeping the scoreline down.
Les Blues were pegged back on the half-hour mark when Kaan Ayhan turned home a cut- back from the right with a thumping header.
Roberto Mancini's side are in pole position after picking up three wins from their opening three games without conceding a goal.
Teemu Pukki scored twice as Finland sank Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-0 to move up to second spot, while Armenia were 3-0 winners against Liechtenstein.
"There is a match waiting for us in three days".
The result lifted the Germans to six points, three behind leaders Northern Ireland, who beat Estonia 2-1.
- Vatican Says Gender Can’t Be Changed
- Waze Gets Google Assistant
- PM Modi tweets animated Yoga tutorial of Bhadrasana
- Huawei Is Courting Developers For Its New App Store AppGallery
- Sri Lanka intelligence chief fired after criticism over bombings
- Shikhar Dhawan’s thumb fractured, could be out of World Cup
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Twitter account hacked
- Toronto Raptors' Kawhi Leonard files lawsuit against Nike over personal logo
- Oil rises as Saudi sees producers sticking with ongoing supply cuts
- Boris Johnson builds momentum in UK Conservative race