Obviously, both the VPN and cloud backup services mentioned above would also be available for free, but paying customers would get more features, such as dedicated/faster servers and increased storage space.
[Image: courtesy Mozilla] Today, Mozilla is announcing a colorful new logo for Firefox and its suite of services, which represents the result of a process that began in 2018, when the nonprofit asked users for feedback on two potential brand identities.
Mozilla is looking into options that would result in the launch of a paid-for version of Firefox this autumn. However, this might change in the near future thanks to the release of Mozilla Firefox Premium - or at least some freemium services not necessarily tied to the browser. The company plans to launch the new service by Fall, around October. However, Beard was keen to point out in the interview that, "there is no plan to charge money for things that are now free".
This subscription service is Mozilla's latest attempt at finding alternative methods of monetizing its service. It's still unclear if there will be only one subscription service encompassing all the premium features, or of each feature will be a separate subscription.
We've contacted Mozilla to learn more, and will update this post when there's a response.
Firefox Premium (or whatever it ends up being called) would not affect the functionality of the free Firefox browser, but would instead offer additional functionality that we are, perhaps, now getting elsewhere.
"We were founded on the belief that the internet should be open and accessible to all". "A high-performing, free and private-by-default Firefox browser will continue to be central to our core service offerings", affirmed Camp "We also recognize that there are consumers who want access to premium offerings".
- Square Enix Is Releasing Final Fantasy 7 Remake Watches Worth $2500 Each
- Australia call-up Marsh after Stoinis's side strain
- Boris Johnson builds momentum in UK Conservative race
- Botswana Decriminalizes Gay Sex in Landmark Africa Case
- Messi scores twice as Argentina routs Nicaragua
- Turkey stuns World Cup champion France with home win
- PM Modi tweets animated Yoga tutorial of Bhadrasana
- Russia: Protest held in Moscow over arrest of investigative journalist Ivan Golunov
- Four bodies found as salvage crews lift capsized Hungarian tourist boat
- Sri Lanka intelligence chief fired after criticism over bombings