Another day, another Kardashian scandal.
When a KarJenner throws a party, you can always count on there being an unexpected theme.
The videos show the party goers wearing red handmaid's robes and white bonnets, while Jenner greeted her guests by saying: "Praise be ladies".
For the past few weeks, Kylie Jenner was catching all kinds of heat for her Kylie Skin debut since people called her out for not being authentically vegan, using a filter in her tutorials and selling a walnut scrub - something that's big no-no. It was a costume affair themed around Hulu's dystopian series The Handmaid's Tale, and, unsurprisingly, given the show and source novel's nightmarish content, that decision led many to question whether Jenner actually understands what Margaret Atwood's story is about. Another said, "Kylie Jenner threw a "handmaids tale" themed party because she loved the show?" Costumes evoking the show have been used in protests over women's issues in the United States over the past few years, particularly to mark or warn against the erosion of reproductive rights.
Kylie Jenner has upset the internet. Last month, Alabama signed a hotly debated bill into law banning almost all abortions in the state.
Obviously, there were some mutual friends there, too, as one of 'em was having her birthday party, which brought about the whole meeting in the first place.
It's unclear whether Jenner was hosting a viewing party for the Season 3 premiere of the show (which aired last Wednesday), or if Stassie, like Jenner, is simply a fan and wanted to dress in cosplay for her birthday.
- Clapping back at hackers, Radiohead to release stolen music as fundraiser
- Huawei Is Courting Developers For Its New App Store AppGallery
- PM Modi tweets animated Yoga tutorial of Bhadrasana
- Boris Johnson builds momentum in UK Conservative race
- Four bodies found as salvage crews lift capsized Hungarian tourist boat
- Russia: Protest held in Moscow over arrest of investigative journalist Ivan Golunov
- Shikhar Dhawan’s thumb fractured, could be out of World Cup
- Waze Gets Google Assistant
- Turkey stuns World Cup champion France with home win
- Vatican Says Gender Can’t Be Changed