Now, according to the report, the Belgian striker is considering a move to Italy and has already reached an agreement with Inter for a £175.000 net weekly salary in hope that the €50 million offer Inter has made will convince Manchester United.
Additionally, Skriniar never hired an agent because he admires his club and allegedly wants to retire at Inter Milan, which makes Manchester United's task even more tough.
According to The Times, those plans include a move for Belgian global Lukaku who has fallen out-of-favour at Old Trafford this season.
Skriniar has been excellent for Inter.
Despite scoring 42 goals in 96 appearances for the club since joining from Everton in 2017, Lukaku has fallen behind Marcus Rashford in the pecking order for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side and could be set for a summer exit.
United are desperate for a centre back and Skrinjar, who was also in Mourinho's sights, would be the ideal signing for them, even though the Slovakian has recently signed a new deal in Italy.
In the past few hours, the Nerazzurri have received confirmation from Conte's entourage that the ex-national team boss will accept the Serie A side's proposal, which will see the Italian boss earn around €10 million (£9m/$11m) per year.
Who will United sign this summer?
The Red Devils ended the just concluded Premier League campaign in sixth position after a five-game winless run till the end of the season.
- Fed To Hold Off On Interest Rate Hikes
- Audi will replace the TT with an electric sports vehicle
- Europeans vote, with EU future in balance
- Valverde names 17-man squad for Copa del Rey final
- Facebook to launch cryptocurrency in 2020
- British Prime Minister Theresa May Announces Resignation
- Former Leafs assistant coach becoming new head coach for Senators
- Bruins open as Cup favorites against Blues
- Warner, Smith get booed; England forced to use Collingwood as a fielder
- North Korea Blames US for Failed Talks in Vietnam