The 28-year-old has kept only 7 clean sheets in the Premier League this season, one of the lowest in the league.
And it seems Sir Alex Ferguson was not fully behind appointing his former player. "He can see the irony that he still spends time thinking about United when he's retired", a source close to Ferguson told Mail Online.
United have put City's sporting director on a shortlist of candidates for a shake-up at Old Trafford this summer.
"He knows he's not in charge any more but it would still be nice for him to be asked".
However, this news is probably better for Real Madrid than it is for United.
It has also been established that Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward, Club director Richard Arnold and Matthew Judge the head of corporate development are the three main powerbrokers at Old Trafford.
Following City's promotion-clinching game at Blackburn, Webber described the achievement to conquering Everest, adding: "It's been an interesting few weeks but I think we've learned a lot from it and if I look at our young team, young staff, everyone will be stronger for this experience and they will have learned a lot from it. Ferguson would agree. He is privately sceptical about the club's worldwide scouting network, believing too many cooks spoil the broth and that it ends up with compromise buys", Neville had said.
De Gea has turned down Manchester United's latest offer due to their inability to match his wage demands while Rashford is said to be concerned over the club's future.
According to CalcioMercato, if the Rossoneri fail to qualify for the next season's Champions League, the Red Devils will be on red alert as they look to thrash out a deal to sign the Italian worldwide.
- Judge refuses to block Trump bank subpoenas
- Bruins open as Cup favorites against Blues
- Europeans vote, with EU future in balance
- Electric cars get BIG boost as Vauxhall reveals first-ever Corsa-e
- India vs New Zealand warm-up
- Theresa May becomes second UK PM to resign over Brexit
- Banker Stephen Calk Charged In Alleged Trump Administration Bribe Scheme
- Doctored Pelosi video highlights the threat of deepfake tech
- Audi will replace the TT with an electric sports vehicle
- Trump urges greater Japanese investment in U.S