Gerald McCoy and the Browns appear to have mutual interest.
The Browns could use McCoy, because behind starting defensive tackles Sheldon Richardson and Larry Ogunjobi, the team is weak.
General Manager John Dorsey says that defensive tackle Gerald McCoy will visit the Browns on Friday.
"Like I've always told you, I will turn over every stone and it just so happens he'll be in the city of Cleveland tomorrow", Dorsey said on Thursday.
The Browns are one of several teams pursuing the 6-foot-4, 295-pound McCoy, who has 54 1/2 career sacks in 123 games - all with Tampa Bay.
The tweet had most fans and experts believing that Los Angeles would look to add the valuable player to the interior part of the defensive line by going after McCoy. He's already familiar with Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken, who spent three seasons in Tampa and speaks highly of McCoy.
April's NFL Draft witness one of the most defensive line heavy classes in recent memory, yet the Browns went corner and linebacker with their first two selections, which didn't come until the second and third rounds.
NFL Network reporter Mike Garafolo said McCoy is also being looked at by the Cincinnati Bengals and the Carolina Panthers. After trying to unsuccessfully trade him, the Buccaneers opted to release him rather than pay him the $13 million he would be owed for the 2019 season. "He's a great person".
- Gujarat: 18 teenage students killed in Surat building fire
- Three killed as tornado strikes Missouri
- Boeing officials discuss future of 737 MAX
- Drake leads celebrations as Toronto Raptors level finals series
- DOJ antitrust staff will recommend blocking T-Mobile-Sprint merger
- Redmi 7A With Snapdragon 439 SoC Launched: Know Specification
- DJI AirSense Adds Aircraft Detection to Consumer Drones
- Trump to sidestep Congress to clear arms deals benefiting Saudi Arabia, UAE
- ISC, NASCAR set to merge
- League of Legends mobile: Everything we know