The source said that the remark created tension within the band, and even put the current tour in jeopardy, adding: "If they manage those United Kingdom dates then that will be the last you ever see of the Spice Girls". Gerri Halliwell even returned to her Spice Girls roots with a new Ginger hairdo, courtesy of Loreal.
Fans attending the show at Croke Park blasted engineers via Twitter during the gig for ruining their experience, and many concertgoers walked out because the sound was so bad.
"We will see you in Cardiff".
However, some fans were left furious when sound issues left them unable to hear the Spice Girls on the first night of the reunion tour.
"One person said: "@spicgeirls the sound quality was awful.
Victoria Beckham chose not to join her former bandmates on this latest reunion tour, despite several meetings with the other Spice Girls in the run up to its announcement.
During the show, they performed a number of their hits including Who Do You Think You Are?, Viva Forever, Wannabe, 2 Become 1, Say You'll Be There, Mama and Stop.
The British star uploaded a snap wearing an eye patch and said she was in "a lot of pain", before praising the NHS staff for the help she received with her sight. "I'm sure, Victoria wouldn't mind me saying, the Olympics was hard for her", Mel C said, referring to Posh's last performance during the London closing ceremony in 2012.
Performing on the stage in Dublin Mel B and Horner appeared to have put their rift behind them as they were pictured embracing in between songs.
They also cheekily addressed Horner's departure from the original Spice Girls lineup, with Brown joking that the announcement came on her birthday and that it was "the best birthday present I ever got".
The "Spice World" tour heads to Cardiff next for a concert at the Principality Stadium on Monday before heading to Manchester for three nights at the Etihad Stadium next week.
On Instagram, Beckham shared an old picture of the group, which formed in 1994, with the message: "Good luck to the girls today as they start their tour!"
Fans, many dressed in the girls' signature outfits, swarmed around Croke Park, Ireland's largest stadium.
- South Mississippi Lawmaker Allegedly Punched His Wife In The Face Over Sex
- Trump to sidestep Congress to clear arms deals benefiting Saudi Arabia, UAE
- U.S. could send more troops to Middle East: Pentagon chief
- Boeing officials discuss future of 737 MAX
- DJI AirSense Adds Aircraft Detection to Consumer Drones
- Google faces first GDPR investigation in Europe
- IGTV gets support for landscape videos
- US Needs to Correct Incorrect Actions to Continue Trade Talks - China
- Drake leads celebrations as Toronto Raptors level finals series
- Three killed as tornado strikes Missouri