Speaking on his switch, Eden Hazard's younger brother believes this was the ideal time for him to make the move.
He has now arrived at Stamford Bridge after returning to Dortmund on loan. "And the Premier League was what I was able to watch growing up in the USA, and it is always where I wanted to be".
Brandt's signing has now rounded off a very busy week for Dortmund, and there could yet be more activity before the summer transfer window slams shut.
"Initially, I was a little bit confused and wondered why my family was going to England", he told BBC Sport.
"It is definitely a goal. I want to come in and be my own player, and do the best that I can do". Pulisic, meanwhile, scored on the final day of the Bundesliga campaign to take his season tally to four, although the forward was hit by injuries during the year.
'One of the main reasons for my change is that Dortmund narrowly missed the title last season, so there is room for improvement and I am very excited about the boys. The Belgium worldwide said after Chelsea's final Premier League game of 2018-19 that he had made a decision and informed the club. I am a person who sometimes decides things from the gut and for whom a good feeling is important. I had the chance to play on both at Dortmund but I have experience of playing as a number 10 with the national team as well. "It is a blessing to be in this position, so I can inspire American kids, to show them we can do it too".
The fact that Christian Pulisic made a decision to join Chelsea for a reported 64 million euros instead of joining rivals Bayern may be the first sign of this new ruling.
- Pochettino escapes touchline ban for Champions League final
- New York puts Democrats step closer to Trump's tax returns
- Google Glass for Enterprises Gets Get a Processor, Battery Upgrade
- Duchess of Cambridge wears McQueen for Buckingham Palace garden party
- "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" Official Trailer Reveals Charles Manson & More
- War of Will wins Preakness featuring riderless running horse
- Man arrested in attempt to extort Chiefs' Tyrann Mathieu
- Five reasons Manchester City beat Liverpool to the title
- Final Episode of Game of Thrones Delayed by Tencent
- The Postal Service is piloting self-driving mail trucks