Peterson hasn't been as good in the last two years, but he's still in the upper echelon of cornerbacks around the league, and retains enough athleticism to be a threat to take an interception to the house.
Each time it seems like the Cardinals are finally going to end up trading the former first-round pick, Peterson ends up sticking around the NFC West, although the latest drama is a little bit different this time as a result of a suspension. "Our coaching staff and our players are now aware that we will have to play the first six games without Patrick and they understand they have to rise to the challenge that it presents".
Peterson has made every single Pro Bowl in his eight year career and is likely a future Hall of Famer.
"That's why this is very very hard for me, because, obviously, I've never been in this situation before and never wanted to have my name attached to anything like this", Peterson said. Positive test for a drug, and anabolic agent or stimulant, is four. He's not missed one of his 128 regular season games or three playoff appearances.
It's a disappointing announcement for Peterson, who had gone up to this point with no performance-enhancing drug issues in his career. Peterson was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2011, 2013, and 2015. Peterson believed he could save at least $2 million with a reworked contract, according to Gambadoro.
Schefter reported Peterson's suspension will cost him almost $4 million. He and veteran offseason pickup Robert Alford are the favorites to win the starting cornerback jobs, although veterans David Amerson and Tramaine Brock Jr. could also fight for those.
- Walmart Commits to Free One-Day Shipping: 'It Will Cost Us Less'
- Realme X Lite debuts with SD710 SoC and a notch display
- NY to Trump: Cut your emissions or pay the price
- Saracens Player Was Out In Full Kit 24 Hours After Winning Cup
- Newly-discovered spyware can infect a phone just by a WhatsApp call
- Trump downplays US-China trade fight, says talks ongoing
- Windstorm Gives High-Rise Window Washers a Harrowing Ride
- 6 missing after midair floatplane collision in Alaska
- Uber Introduces "Quiet Mode" Premium Feature
- US Partly Evacuates Iraq Embassy After Accusing Iran of Escalating Tensions