Two window washers were trapped for almost an hour on a dangling basket at the top of a 50-story skyscraper in Oklahoma.
Firefighters secured the scaffold with ropes as it dangled from a crane between 6 and 9 metres above the roof.
Video showed the lift - which looks like a large metal basket - hitting the side of the building hard enough to break windows.
The two men were stranded outside the 259-metre skyscraper for under an hour before being pulled to safety.
The two people were rescued around 8:30 a.m. and are safe, fire officials say.
Macy said paramedics evaluated both men, who refused treatment.
The pair were at the top of a 50-level building in Oklahoma City, USA yesterday.
Following the incident, the CEO of Devon Energy, Dave Hager, confirmed that the two people involved in the incident were not Devon employees but rather contractors. Macy said the incident is under investigation.
- Britney Spears may never perform again, her manager says
- Aston Villa into playoff final after shootout win over West Brom
- Pompeo meets Lavrov amid hope for improved US-Russia ties
- Tiger Woods says Bethpage Black can be 'mentally and physically
- DISTRESSING FOOTAGE: Elderly man dies after woman shoves him off bus
- Apple revamps TV app for Samsung TV support, more direct channel subscriptions
- Netflix will be talking games development at E3 2019
- Dauntless Coming to Consoles and Epic Games Store Next Week
- More than 800 cases of measles in the US
- First look at Black Mirror Season 5 reveals Marvel, DC alums