Game Of Thrones is now in its eighth and final season with fans going absolutely bonkers over the last few episodes and the plot lines that have been coming to a close. The Chico native sneaked in under the wire, appearing in the penultimate episode of the show's eighth and final season. "Episode 5 should be good", he tweeted last month, giving a sly nod to his appearance. Rodgers was only on screen for seconds, making him easy to miss.
The show's secrets are usually kept under tight wraps, but Rodgers has been teasing his cameo for a while now.
And in a scene that Bears fans are already replaying on a loop, Rodgers' brief moment in King's Landing ended the only way it could - sacked in an incinerating ball of flame. Showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff appeared in Episode 4 during the dinner scene. In McElhenney's case, he's been a longtime fan of the series and even invited Weiss and Benioff to write an episode of his long-running FXX comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Previous seasons of Game of Thrones have included cameos by musicians like Sigur Ros, members of Mastodon, and Ed Sheeran.
Football fans watching Sunday night's fiery "Game of Thrones" episode may have caught a familiar face in the crowd.
- Britney Spears may never perform again, her manager says
- Windstorm Gives High-Rise Window Washers a Harrowing Ride
- US Partly Evacuates Iraq Embassy After Accusing Iran of Escalating Tensions
- Nebraska farmer saws off own leg with pocket knife, crawls for help
- Russia, US hope for better relations
- Liverpool's Klopp to put players through 'preseason' ahead of Champions League final
- DISTRESSING FOOTAGE: Elderly man dies after woman shoves him off bus
- Investigators determine Camp Fire was caused by PG&E transmission lines
- 6 missing after midair floatplane collision in Alaska
- Madonna Defends Decision to Perform at Eurovision in Israel