Frank Lampard praised his Derby players after securing a place in the Championship play-off final as his side gained revenge for "Spygate" in mid-season in the best possible way.
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa admitted to sending members of his backroom staff to secretly gather information on Lampard's Derby team - only for one of his employees to be caught outside the Rams' training ground.
The incident prompted the following chant from Leeds fans in Lampard's direction, to the tune of Oasis's Stop Crying Your Heart Out.
It is the first time in the history of the play-offs that a side has reached the Championship play-off final after losing the first leg at home.
That put Leeds 2-0 up on aggregate but just before the break, a awful defensive mix-up between Leeds keeper Kiko Casilla and defender Liam Cooper allowed Derby substitute Marriott to convert into an empty net with his first touch of the game.
Leeds went into the second leg of this play-off semi-final with a one goal advantage thanks to Kemar Roofe's victor at Pride Park, but Leeds being Leeds, they crumbled when it mattered most, allowing Derby back into the game.
But after Wednesday's victory booked a Wembley showdown against Villa on May 27, it was Lampard's turn to ram taunts down Leeds supporters' throats.
Of course, Frank Lampard and Derby weren't happy, and they would have been even angrier when they were beaten 2-0 at Elland Road a couple of days later.
Several of Derby's players also took a chance to hit back at Leeds, with goalscorers Wilson and Mount's social media posts including: "I spy with my little eye something beginning with W".
Then, in their league match against Villa in April, Leeds allowed their opponents to walk in an equaliser unopposed after the home side scored while a Villa player was down injured. "I'm not gonna lie maybe it is", he told Sky Sports, per the Mirror. I haven't thought about Spygate.
"We were able to prepare for this game, we were prepared and we got a result".
- Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan; coach Adam Gase acting GM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ Season 4 to Premiere in 2019
- Bitcoin climbs above $7 000 as cryptocurrency rally extends
- Windstorm Gives High-Rise Window Washers a Harrowing Ride
- Walmart Commits to Free One-Day Shipping: 'It Will Cost Us Less'
- Conrad Black: Trump pardons ex-media mogul
- Newly-discovered spyware can infect a phone just by a WhatsApp call
- Uber Introduces "Quiet Mode" Premium Feature
- Saracens Player Was Out In Full Kit 24 Hours After Winning Cup
- Russia, US hope for better relations