'The officer contacted the female and attempted to arrest her at which time a struggle ensued, forcing the officer to deploy his department issued Taser at the female.
Footage circulating on social media shows the officer following the woman, who has not been identified, through the vehicle park as she tells him he is "harassing" her.
According to a database of fatal police shootings created by the Washington Post, at least 323 people in the U.S. have been shot and killed by police so far in 2019.
"[She] actually Tased the officer, which forced the officer to draw his duty weapon and fire multiple rounds at the suspect".
Video of the altercation shows that things quickly escalated between the officer and Turner as the law enforcement official attempted to place Turner in handcuffs.
"You're actually harassing me", she said, before the two fall to the ground.
Dorris is aware of the social media videos and hopes witnesses will come forward to help investigators with the case. The officer, identified as an 11-year police veteran, had been patrolling an apartment complex in Baytown and spotted Brown.
In the incident it appears on the video that the woman tussled with the officer which caused him to use his taser.
"It's unfortunate that somebody takes a tragic incident like this and posts it on social media", Dorris said. She was pronounced dead at the scene, he said.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office are assisting with the investigation.
Residents told KPRC 2 that Turner was a resident of the apartment complex and frequently walked late at night to smoke cigarettes or walk her dogs.
Baytown Police Lt. Steve Dorris claims the officer has never been involved in a shooting, reports CBS News. "Our hearts go out to the families of the deceased, as well as our officer". As stated earlier, the officer in question has been put on paid administrative leave, which is also standard protocol, ABC 13 noted. "It's extremely disrespectful to everybody involved but that's the day and age we live in with social media", he said.
- Is Prince Archie named after Meghan’s cat?
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew after anti-Muslim attacks kill one
- Aston Villa into playoff final after shootout win over West Brom
- Brexit rebels tell Theresa May - Your EU divorce deal is dead
- Tiger Woods says Bethpage Black can be 'mentally and physically
- Apple revamps TV app for Samsung TV support, more direct channel subscriptions
- Impossible Foods CEO is a longtime vegan and biochemist
- Alabama Senate approves country’s most restrictive abortion ban
- Pompeo meets Lavrov amid hope for improved US-Russia ties
- 'Star Wars' movie in 2022 will come from 'Game of Thrones' creators