"A neat thing about this championship here is that when Jack (Nicklaus) played in his final PGA in 2000, I played with him, and he said he played with Gene Sarazen in his final PGA".
And the beat goes on.
Dustin Johnson was on the wrong side of history at the last PGA Championship.
Weather forecast for Bethpage Black, New York: There could be a shower in the morning and temperatures are in the chilly 50s until around 11am. And at the British Open, where he already has two top-10 finishes.
"I think he's grateful and thankful that his kids get to see a little bit of what he was before they were around", the two-time PGA Championship victor said.
With a victory, Woods would also match the all-time career US PGA wins record of 82 by Sam Snead.
The PGA Championship, which has been moved up from its traditional August date, used to cap a busy four-week stretch of tournaments for Johnson but the schedule change has given him an extended break. Like Frankie Molinari won the Open past year, but the Ryder Cup made him, and that just sums it up for Europe. Now it's the best to have only one major.
Let's take a look at the four players who have won at Bethpage and see what we can learn from who they are or at least who they were as a golfer at the time they won.
Kerry Haigh, the championships director for the PGA of America, said Daly will not have access to all areas on the hilly course in the topless cart and much will depend on the golf course and the conditions, particularly if it rains. "I hope I don't get a lot of grief from the fans", Daly told the Associated Press.
"It's hard to win majors", Johnson said.
Top-ranked Dustin Johnson, defending champion Brooks Koepka, England's second-ranked Justin Rose, four-time major victor Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland and Woods all have a chance at the top spot.
For a long time there was nothing relatable about Tiger Woods.
"He seems to be in a great place and I think he feeds off of the support of the crowds and the sponsors and he seems very happy in his life", he added.
J.T. Poston will take Singh's spot in the tournament beginning Thursday.
"So, I will assume he'll be in contention certainly in the next two majors".
"You are not going to see a dominating person with that much influence on the game".
Several times since the Masters, Woods has pointed out how many players had a chance to win the Masters after Francesco Molinari found the water at the par-3 12th.
Woods likes the idea of that pairing; who wouldn't want to be in a group of the most recent major winners?
- ITV axes 'Jeremy Kyle Show' after death of participant
- Plastic bag found at bottom of Mariana Trench - during the deepest dive
- USA believes Iran proxies may be behind tanker attacks, official says
- 'Star Wars' movie in 2022 will come from 'Game of Thrones' creators
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew after anti-Muslim attacks kill one
- Judge suppresses video of Patriots' Robert Kraft at spa
- ‘We will go again’: Klopp eyes Champions League glory after title pain
- Alabama Senate approves country’s most restrictive abortion ban
- Antoine Griezmann moving on from MLS All-Star foe — Adios Atleico Madrid
- House Intel Committee Reportedly Investigating Whether Trump Lawyers Shaped Cohen’s False Testimony