The Dauntless release date for consoles comes just over a year after the game launched in open beta form for PC, where it it arrived as a free-to-play title.
About Battle for survival at the edge of the world. This is in addition to the 50 new levels of content for basic and elite tracks, as with the four previous Hunt Pass seasons. As a Slayer, it's up to you to hunt down the boss-sized Behemoths that are devouring the land.
It has also been confirmed that shortly after the game launches, Phoenix Labs will have some special in-game goodies for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Hunt Pass Season 5: Hidden Blades transforms the world of Dauntless into a Moon Blossom Festival and offers Slayers a huge variety of thematic gear to flaunt their inner ninja. As a reminder Dauntless is free-to-play and will support itself on a microtransaction system that leans toward cosmetics (fine for a F2P joint) and boosts (which I'm not so insane about if this system is expanded).
Finally, players who begin their Dauntless journey next week will have the option of picking up a new Arcslayer Pack. Everything from questing and crafting to meeting other Slayers and pursuing Behemoths has received massive updates. Dauntless is free-to-play, and you'll also be able to download the client through the official site, should you want to avoid the EGS.
For launch, Phoenix Labs will be supporting cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One users, although PS4 is expected to include the feature at some point, as discussions are ongoing between the developer and Sony. Look forward to regular updates, seasonal events, new Behemoths, and more in a rich, evolving world.
- Microsoft Releases Patches for a Critical Windows Flaw Allowing WannaCry-Style Attacks
- ‘We will go again’: Klopp eyes Champions League glory after title pain
- Moonquakes are causing the moon to shrink over time
- UEFA looking to ban Manchester City from next season's Champions League
- Aston Villa into playoff final after shootout win over West Brom
- Two coffees a day could help you live longer, research suggests
- Judge suppresses video of Patriots' Robert Kraft at spa
- Pompeo meets Lavrov amid hope for improved US-Russia ties
- Netflix will be talking games development at E3 2019
- 'Star Wars' movie in 2022 will come from 'Game of Thrones' creators